Surprise, Surprise!

6/29/08

Yesterday I turned 25.  It was really interesting because everyone talked about what a milestone it is to turn a fourth a century and people seemed surprised that we were simply celebrating by going out to dinner.  But that's really all I wanted.  Seemed great to me.  But I should have known Currey.  We had a big celebration of his birthday and he wanted me to have as good of time as he did on his birthday.   

I should have seen the signs.  It is like our engagement.  Looking back it makes sense but at the time you suspect nothing.  On Wednesday I went to Sam's and Currey had me get ground beef but a couple nights I suggested making burgers and he came up with other ideas for dinner.  On Thursday my closest friend here called to see if I could go shopping with her on Saturday.  I happily agreed.  Saturday morning Currey got a call from Ryan.  He was talking softly in the other room which seemed weird but he told me it was about studying for comps and I had no reason to believe otherwise.

We woke up on Saturday and took Bentley to the dog park.  We then headed to our friends house.  They were having a garage sale to raise money for their adoption and we wanted to show our support.  While there Currey revealed it was my birthday so I was serenaded by their garage sale attendees with Happy Birthday.  I can say that's never happened before!  We hung out and then Andrea came to get me to go shopping.  She wanted me to feel extra special and got me a tiara and princess jewelry as well as a pink feather boa.  We had a wonderful afternoon.  I was so excited to get home because I thought Currey and I were going to go to a Mexican Restaurant that we'd been to in Texas and loved!  I walk into the apartment to find several friends awaiting my arrival.  I WAS SOOOOOO SURPRISED!!!  Currey had gotten beautiful flowers and had placed them all over the apartment.  He cooked out amazing bar-b-que cheddar burgers and grilled veggies.  For dessert we had nutella and banana grilled panini.  They were outstanding!  It was a great evening spent with friends and a very fun surprise from Currey.  A fabulous way to celebrate my birthday.  Here are a few pictures of the celebration.

Super Sweet Husband



Stacia and I after enjoying Currey's great burgers



Nadia really wanted to play Wii with us.  She is SO cute!



Dan and Stacia



Just hanging out



Some of the great flowers Currey got me

After everyone headed home we went to a late showing of Get Smart.  It was a fun ending to such a great day.  Thanks Currey for such a Happy Birthday!


0 comments: