deVine Wine

6/7/08

Many of you know about our wonderful neighbors.  Devin and Andrea have become the closest friends that we've ever had as a couple.  We can honestly say that God brought us together!  They witnessed a car accident that I was in last summer.  After that I never planned on seeing them again, but a couple of weeks later I ran into Devin at our apartment complex.  I was wearing a Wheaton t-shirt the day of the accident so he asked if I was a student.  I told him Currey was and he asked me where we went to church.  I informed him that we been to several and were having a hard time finding a place where we felt we fit.  He invited us to LifeChurch where he and his wife do the amazing music every week.  We went, fell in love with the church and we now hope that everyone gets to experience such a great community to worship with!  So that's the background...they are precious friends to us.
We typically get together at least once a week.  Sunday nights we watch movies or play Wii.  There is always laughter and good conversation and some sort of food.  They are both really talented musicians and Andrea is a classical guitar teacher.  She plays for a few hours on Friday nights at a local wine store that has wine tastings.  We have been wanting to go for awhile but haven't been able to make it.  So last night we went.  It was a BLAST!  If you live in the Western Suburbs you should go.  It's in Westmont at a place called deVine wine.  It was extra special because Devin and Andrea were playing together.  They sound great apart but they are amazing together.  Currey and I got to try several wines and enjoy great music.  It was SO fun and really relaxing.  It was a great start to the weekend and wonderful time spent with friends!

0 comments: