New Pizza

6/1/08

Even though I don't normally get home until about 8:45 pm I still like to try to make dinner.  I hate my work schedule but love the work I do so for the time being it just has to be this way. Since it's so late I am always looking for quick and easy recipes.  I also like things that are pretty light as we go to bed a few hours after dinner.  We have now had this pizza twice and it's wonderful!  It's also incredibly fast and so easy.  So when you are in a crunch this is a great new recipe to try.

Pesto Pizza

1 store bought pizza dough (again, I always use Pillsbury)
1 package prosciutto
5 Tbsp store bought pesto
fresh grated Parmesan
3 handfuls spinach

Heat oven to 500 degrees.  Grease cookie sheet and spread out pizza dough.  Spread pesto evenly over the dough.  Put in oven and cook until golden.  Watch this very carefully as it cooks in about 7-8 minutes.  Sprinkle Parmesan and spinach over the top.  Then top with torn prosciutto (we like 2-3 slices).  Cut and serve.

The best part about this recipe is that if you just pick up 2 packages pizza dough you will have 2 dinners.  Everything else you buy will be enough to make 2.  Just space them out over the week. Yummy and economical!

 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum! We'll definitely be trying this recipe! Hope all is well! Call you soon :)