Life Lately


6/15/08

Although I'm not sure what we've been doing it seems like life is flying by!  My work is crazy as all my paperwork must be up to date by the end of June.  Currey is done with school for the summer but has tons of things that he wants to accomplish while he has more time.  This week my hours change at work which will be amazing!  More time to enjoy summer evenings and time with friends.

We have been trying lots of new recipes but unfortunately most of them have not been good.  Some were inedible while others were tolerable but we would never make them again.  But we have found one gem!  You have to try it without judgement.  It's much better than it sounds!  I promise!   I've halved it for 2 servings so if you have 4 just double the below "measurements"

Bacon Linguine

1/2 box of linguine
6-8 slices of bacon crumbled
1 onion, chopped
Parmesan

Cook linguine as box directs or to your desired doneness.
Meanwhile, fry the bacon.  Remove the bacon but keep the grease.  Saute the onion in the bacon grease.  (I like to also use garlic salt and cracked black pepper.)  I also let the onions get almost transparent.  Cook them however you like.
Drain linguine and combine with bacon and onions.  Divide in 2 bowls and top with freshly grated Parmesan.  

So easy and very yummy!



0 comments: