Camping out

5/28/08

This weekend we had a really fun opportunity.  Our church does an all church camp out up in Wisconsin.  We wanted to get to know more people and it was an inexpensive vacation so we decided to go.  It was wonderful to say the least!  We really enjoyed getting to know friends better, making new friends and spending time outside!  Wisconsin is beautiful and we were camping near a lake which was great.  As always our name was spelled wrong.  I really got spoiled with Jones!  


It was also an interesting experience because we slept in our car.  I know that doesn't sound like camping but it was really fun.  When we started looking at Elements they really push them as outdoorsy cars.  All the seats fold down inside to make beds and it was much more comfortable than you would think.  It also has a moon roof so we could look up at the stars.  Currey was really excited to try it out and I must admit I enjoyed it myself.



We had great times of worship and fellowship and are so glad we were able to go.  The theme was the olympics so we played lots of games.  We were on team Canada and didn't do so well but we had lots of fun.  I even got to bust out my golf skills in a chipping contest.  It was an adventure.  We are glad to be home and sleeping in our own bed but are already looking forward to next year!

0 comments: