Date Night Dinner

5/21/08

You know those nights when the last thing you want to do is cook?  I was having one of those on Monday.  I desperately needed to go to the store so I was having to decide whether to have mac'n'cheese or tuna for dinner.  What a choice!  When I called Currey for his expert input it was a sweet treat to hear that I didn't need to worry about that.  

I could hear him making a lot of noise but he wouldn't tell me what is going on.  I get home to this.
   

I have been really wanting this Bobby Flay cookbook.  Being the precious husband that he is he surprised me with that, which would have been more than enough.  But then he found several recipes out of it and prepared a wonderful dinner!   We had the best steaks I've ever had in my life.  They were crusted in pepper and super spicy.  He also made a sweet homemade steak sauce that was a perfect compliment to it.  He also made a wonderful spinach side dish and picked out a great wine.  It was a WONDERFUL treat and a sweet surprise at the end of a long day.  I'll post the recipes later today.

2 comments:

Rich said...

Currey,
Way to be! You are the bomb!! You're making the rest of us husbands look like a bunch of losers.
I'm very proud to call you my son-in-law. We really enjoyed our recent visit w/ you guys. Looking forward to our next trip there (or your next trip here).
Hope your camping trip is lots of fun. Camping ALWAYS produces lots of memories.
We love you guys.
Rich

Celeste Castro said...

Alright, really wierd. I had a horrible Monday, things are crazy busy. And guess what, when I got home I too had grilled steaks and mashed potatoes waiting for me...with a clean house. What husbands we have, well future-husband for me! I love this no school thing for a semester! Well I miss you friend and hope your week has gotten a little bit better. Tell Currey good job, those are the best and most special gifts ever. Ces.