Currey's Birthday and a Visit from My Parents

5/20/2010

On May 1st we celebrated the birth of my sweet husband. We love to celebrate birthdays and it's the only day of the year that Currey will tolerate me spoiling him rotten so I have to take advantage! This year was extra special as my parents were able to celebrate with us. (More on that later.)

We started celebrating a few days early as I thought the youth group would want to celebrate with us. We enjoyed a yummy cookie cake. I didn't have any candles so they just used one of the candles off our buffet. Whatever works!


Sadly, on Currey's actual birthday he had to work. This whole being a grown-up thing is not always fun! Our sweet pastors were gracious enough to allow us to use their home and my dad and I made a giant breakfast spread.

I have to admit that it was very yummy! On Sunday my parents treated Currey to a birthday dinner at White Chocolate Grill. It was delicious! Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures of that. That place is ALWAYS a delicious treat!

I'll just say we were so surprised that my mom came with my dad for this trip! My dad was off for a few days and decided to come up. Currey and I couldn't believe that my mom would let him come see Blythe without him but they kept saying it was just my dad. Friday morning before work Currey asked if I thought my mom might be coming in to surprise him for his birthday. I assured him my mom was NOT coming. Imagine my surprise when I went to the airport to get my dad and my mom was with him. We enjoyed lunch together and then headed to see Currey at work. Currey was just as surprised to see my mom! It was great to have them here to celebrate Currey and having them to watch Blythe made preparing a birthday breakfast feast MUCH easier. Here are a few pictures from their visit.

As always, it was great to have family visit. There are several other posts coming about our other recent visitors! We'll see when those get posted! :) (And YES Blythe is growing like crazy! We were looking at pictures from my parents visit a month ago and we can not believe how much she has grown and changed. She brings more joy than we could have ever imagined! We'll continue to post her precious pics so you can watch her grow too.)

0 comments: