Friends

8/18/2010

As I've written before, Currey and I have been greatly blessed by so many precious friends from all the seasons of our lives. In the last month I have gotten to spend time with 2 precious friends.

While in Dallas last week, Currey finally got to meet my dear friend, Emily Merrell. I've never called her Emily. It's always been Merrell. Merrell and I attended Kanakuk together for several summers and we were the best of friends. She came to visit me in Amarillo and I made trips to Dallas during the school year so we could see each other. I have countless memories with Merrell and Currey has heard about her for our entire relationship. Finally, he got to meet her. I didn't even know she was in Dallas (she currently lives in London) but facebooked her as we had been at a restaurant I always went to when I visited. She wrote back that she was in town and we scheduled a visit. We picked right back up where we left off (we decided we hadn't seen each other in 8 years!) and she had come across a scrapbook of one of our summers at Kamp. It was so sweet to spend time reminiscing about Kamp and talking about life now. I'm so thrilled that Currey was able to meet my precious friend too.

A week before that my best friend from college, Celeste, visited. Go here to see pictures of our time together. I was a slacker and took NO pictures while she was here. Celeste and I met our freshman year and then pledged the same club at ACU. We spent almost every Friday night together at Starbucks. We both had long distance boyfriends and would spend our Friday evenings chatting to each other and our boyfriends on the phone. I'm sure we looked like weirdos but it worked for us. :) We shared many adventures in college and always had a blast when we were together. I can report that we still enjoy each others company immensely! Celeste was here for a work conference so we got to see her on several occasions which made her visit extra special. I think it's safe to say she LOVED Miss Blythe! As the smiles in Celeste's pictures show I think Blythe loves her Aunt Celeste too. We got to share several meals, shopped and even had a couple of Starbucks dates. As always, it was SUCH a treat to spend time with my sweet friend. We just missed her precious husband Adolfo. Hopefully next time! Just wanted to take the time to document these sweet visits. Hope you are all having a wonderful week.

0 comments: