4 Months Old

6/24/2010

Our time with Blythe is absolutely flying! She continues to get bigger and become more alert. With each week that passes it seems as though she is becoming less and less like a baby! We can not believe how fast she is growing.


As always, she had several firsts this month. They include..

  • Her second road trip! This time we went to Wisconsin. My parents flew into Chicago and spent a couple of days with us here. Then we packed up and headed to Wisconsin Dells for the week.
  • Swimming! We were able to give Blythe her first taste of swimming. Currey and I took her one day, then Jeffrey took her the next day. She seemed to like it. Just one more experience!
  • Blythe rolled over for the first time! We actually all missed the first one, but saw 2 more after that. She waited another week until she would show her Daddy but now she just can't stop.
  • Unfortunately, once on her belly she screams. She's not quite sure how to get back on her back. We are anxiously awaiting that milestone as we spend most of our days flipping her back over.
  • We got to attend our first play group at our local cloth diaper store, Cumfy Bummy. It was nice to meet some other moms, especially other cloth diapering moms. We really enjoyed it and I think that we'll be back!
  • Mommy had to take her alone for shots. It was much more traumatic for me than Blythe. I was so upset, I frightened the nurses. I HATE getting shots, so watching Blythe get them bordered on unbearable.
  • She weighed 13 pounds and 4 ounces and was 24 inches long at her 4 month appointment. She's dropped to the 45th percentile in both.
  • She is still in 3 month clothes for the most part and I'm not complaining! I'm not ready for her to grow up and it's already happening.
It's been another wonderful month and we continue to praise God for our precious gift. Blythe, we find great joy in being your parents! We are such a happy child and bring joy to so many around you. You love people and have continued your go with the flow attitude. To say that you are an easy baby is an understatement. I treasure my days with you.
We love you like crazy!
Mommy and Daddy

0 comments: