This goes out to the one I love

1/31/2010

With all that's been going on with us, I thought that Currey needed his own shout out! I will completely understand if people don't want to read this long post and that's totally fine. It's more for me. Just another reminder that God is so good! Currey is a perfect match for me and I praise God for his goodness in bringing us together.


So without further adieu and in no particular order, the Top Ten Reasons I Adore Currey.

10. He challenges me in all areas of life. Whether it's a book he's reading or a conversation he had with his mentor, he constantly challenges how I think and respond to those around me. Currey encourages me in all I'm involved in and kindly reminds me of why I'm doing something if I've lost my original zeal. He is always striving to grow and mature and encourages me to do the same.

9. He loves to spend time with me. Due to having bronchitis and then having contractions, I missed 3 weeks of work in the last month. It was such a treat to get to spend so much time with Currey, especially as we know once Blythe comes our time together will be even more sparse. What I also loved were the calls and text messages once I returned to work, telling me it wasn't near as fun when I wasn't home. (And I felt the same way!) I love that we spent 3 weeks together and could have been just fine spending 3 more weeks together.

8. He makes me laugh. A LOT!!! Tying into the last one, we love to be together because we have so much fun. We laugh often and don't take life to seriously! Honestly, Currey could entertain me for hours. He is quick witted and clever and I enjoy his company immensely.

7. He is so excited about Blythe. I can't wait to meet our baby girl for so many reasons, but one at the top of my list is to see Currey as her Daddy. I joke with him that he is already wrapped around her finger but I think there's more truth in that than either of us would admit! I love that he talks to her, that he talks about her and that he already dreams big dreams for her life. She will be loved and adored and I'm so excited that I get to parent her with Currey.

6. He makes me rest. I understand that this probably sounds strange but it's true! I've continued to have contractions and although they haven't kept me from working, I've been encouraged to rest whenever I can. This is very difficult for me and I do not enjoy being still. Currey is much more reasonable than I am (again, God is amazing in giving me a partner that has strengths in areas that I do not) and has made it his mission to have me rest whenever I'm home. He's doing a good job! I'm afraid I'm getting lazy with all my sitting around! :)

5. He takes care of the house. We have always pretty equally shared the housework load. Whoever had the time to do something would do it. Now that I'm resting so much Currey has really stepped it up in taking care of the house. He's doing most of the dishes, laundry and cleaning so that the house doesn't become a disaster while I'm not doing much.

4. He works incredibly hard. As long as I've know Currey, he has been a very hard worker. After doing Strengths Finder together we believe this is because one of his strengths is achiever but never the less, he works hard. He gives 110% to the youth ministry and at Starbucks. In addition, he spends time every week being mentored and mentoring others. I admire his willingness to give all he has and that he never expects anything in return.

3. He has a servant's heart. Not only is Currey doing all this great stuff, he never complains. He appears to take joy in serving me and others in his life. Currey has an immense love for people and he loves to serve God's people. He honestly inspires me!

2. He cooks with me. One of our favorite places to be is in the kitchen. Whether we are trying a new recipe or making an old favorite, it's always an adventure. We love food and there is something so fun about cooking together! In my time off we enjoyed several cooking adventures, hopefully some that will get their own posts very soon!

1. He loves me! Just like I am. I think it's safe to say that while pregnant one does not always feel incredibly lovable. With only 4 weeks left til my due date I simply feel BIG and that's about it. I love that Currey still comments that I look cute or that I'm not that big (when a small child at Target said I was a school bus! NOT FUN!) Not only his words but his actions remind me on a daily basis that I am truly and deeply loved.

So there you have it! I am blessed beyond measure and I praise God for his precious gift of Currey. I can't imagine life without him. He's a blessing to all that know him and I'm so glad that he's mine!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I know you wrote that especially for Cur Bear, but I had to read it. How blessed he is to have you as his wife. You all sound so much like Rick and I, the laughing, and just loving being together. We are best friend's. We too are so excited to watch you both be wonderful parent's, and to see what God has in store for our beautiful Blythe Ella. We love you both so very much, and are waiting for your special day to arrive. Keep loving each other every day,the way you love each other today. We love you all! Dad and Shell (Lolly and Pop)