Trip to Branson

1/10/2010

As promised...our Branson trip!

The last week of October we met my parents in Branson for a week long vacation. Everyone we told that we were going to Branson would laugh because when most people think of Branson they see images of elderly people attending cheesy shows. We grew up spending time each summer at Big Cedar, a resort outside Branson on Table Rock Lake, after my parents picked Jeffrey and I up from camp. It's an amazing place and it was a special treat to be able to take Currey to a place that held so many memories for my family!

I can honestly say it's the most relaxing vacation I've ever been on. We spent time reading, working on a puzzle, walking, cooking, eating and shopping. Currey and my dad even took a day trip to go fly fishing together. My mom and I got to spend that day shopping which was a blast as we had found out a week earlier that our sweet baby is a girl.

When we arrived at Big Cedar the leaves were beginning to change and the colors were amazing. Here's a look at the week in pictures. It's several pictures but I promise I narrowed it down!

It's a beautiful property that we enjoyed walking around every day. It's HUGE and has great views which we took advantage of by enjoying lots of picture opportunities.

Everything was beautifully decorated for fall.

This is the skunk that lived outside our rooms. We saw him everyday and my dad got his picture. We were convinced my dad was going to get sprayed on his quest but thankfully that was NOT the case.


There are several restaurants on the property that we took advantage of. We enjoyed lunch on the outdoor patio at Truman Coffee and Cafe....


And an outstanding dinner at the Worman House.


The boys didn't take any pictures while fishing so we had them take this with a truck from the White River.

And like I said, we relaxed a lot!

And I just love this picture so it's getting put in!

It was a wonderful trip and we enjoyed it so much we are talking about making it an annual event. More overdue posts to come!

1 comments:

Celeste Castro said...

Yall look like yall had a wonderful time. So relaxing, just what the doctor ordered! Both of you and your parents are the cutest people ever! Glad you had a great time. Celeste.