Wonderful Weekend

9/24/08

We had such a fun weekend just hanging out.  October is going to be a really crazy month for us so it was nice to spend some time relaxing.  Friday I only had to work a half day which was so nice.  I ran errands and did some shopping.  I also cleaned the house which is not the most glamorous activity but really needed to be done.

Saturday we got up and headed to the farmer's market.  I am loving all the fresh produce!  I will do a post soon with some of the recipes we have tried.  Devin and Andrea came over for breakfast and we had blueberry coffeecake with blueberries fresh from Michigan and Applewood Smoked Bacon that we got at the market as well.  Great food and great company.  A quick trip to  Wet Nose then Currey had to head back to work.  I went to the first birthday party of some friends from church and then went to babysit.  

Sunday we went to church and then to the grocery store.  We had a batch of homemade laundry detergent which I will also post about soon.  It was SO fun!  We are co-leading a small group at church which started this Sunday so we made lasagna for that.  It's a great group and we are really looking forward to our time together.  It was such a great weekend!  I was just not ready to head back to work!
 

0 comments: