Trip to Austin a.k.a a REALLY long post!

9/14/08

My best friend from ACU got married in Austin last weekend.  It was an event that we would not have missed for the world!  Currey and I decided that since we were leaving town anyway that we should take a few days to enjoy the city, especially since we are thinking about moving down there.  So here are the details of our trip with a few pictures.

We got in late friday night and headed straight to bed as we were meeting my college roommate for breakfast the following morning.  She has recently moved to Austin and I had not seen her in almost 3 years.   We had a great breakfast at Guero's and then walked down congress to the capital.










We really enjoyed our time with her but had to head to Johnson City for the wedding.  We were running late as we got a little lost but this afforded me the chance to see Celeste before she walked down the aisle.  There are hardly words to describe my relationship with Celeste.  We met at the end of freshman year when I was her leader on a freshman retreat.  We ended up pledging the same club at ACU.  We wound up walking together during a fundraiser with club and our friendship blossomed from there.  She and Adolfo starting dating shortly after Currey and I did.  Since our boyfriends were both far away we shared many evenings together.  We loved date nights at Chicken Express, doing our Target browsing and calling our boyfriends from Starbucks routine or doing our grocery shopping together.   Since he was closer, Adolfo was able to visit more often than Currey.  They were always so sweet to include me in their weekends together.  I had several wonderful dinners cooked by Adolfo and they taught me how to play dominos.  My experience at ACU was enriched by my friendship with Celeste.   Aldolfo is equally precious and the perfect man for Celeste.  We were SO glad to celebrate their love and marriage with them.  The reception was fun and so them!  We enjoyed celebrating!


The reception site



The Mariachi




The only non blurry picture I got of them and yes I realize you can't see Adolfo



Celeste and I



Currey looking very GQ with his pocket square



After the reception Jeffrey came in from Waco to hang out with us.  We had not seen him since Christmas so it was a treat to see him.  I love that he and Currey are close and get along so well.  Jeffrey is still hillarious and we laughed the whole time he was with us!


Look at what Baylor has turned him into!


The boy's being resourceful as we did not have a bottle opener



The next day we got up got up and headed to Kerbey Lane for breakfast which was outstanding!



We spent the rest of the day shopping and hanging out around austin.  We then headed to dinner at Shady Grove.  Sarah Ruth joined us again and it was a great evening.  




We dropped Jeffrey back at his car and headed to church at Austin Stone.  It was such a refreshing experience.  The church is huge and meets in a high school.  As the preacher was speaking we were so encouraged by his heart for hurting people and the churches willingness to do something about it.  It was an outstanding message and we were filed with hope as we continue to contemplate a move to the Austin area.  From church we headed to the Johnson's in Wimberley. They are friends of my parents from church who graciously allowed us to stay at their house a couple of days.  They have a precious guest house that we got to use.






The next day we headed into Austin for a wonderful lunch at Rudy's.  Oh how we wish there was decent bar-b-que in Illinois.  


We then headed into Wimberley and did some shopping.  It was so much fun!  We then went back to the Johnson's.  One of the most fun things of the trip was that Janice taught me how to sew!  Currey just got me a sewing machine (that's another post!) which is very exciting, but I didn't know how to use it.  I want to start quilting and Janice is an amazing quilter who gave me lots of great tips and several supplies.  We worked on this:

And yes...I made that!  I am so excited that I was able to start a project and I'm already working on my next.  We enjoyed great conversation and wonderful food while with the Johnson's.  It was a much needed vacation and we loved every minute of it.  If you made it all the way through I'm impressed!  Sorry it was SO long!


1 comments:

Travis & Jeri Tidmore said...

WAIT JUST A SECOND!!! Celeste got married in Austin??? And YOU were in Austin too?!?!?!

I LIVE IN AUSTIN!!! :-( I wasn't invited.

Sad.

J