Missing the City

8/23/08

I know it's crazy...2 posts in a row!  

Although we know that God wanted us in Wheaton, I miss living in Chicago a lot.  I miss public transportation, diversity, hole in the wall restaurants and there always being something to do.  I don't miss the traffic, no parking and being away from Currey due to all his commuting.  I think that this love of Chicago has increased as we believe that God is calling us to Austin after Currey graduates.  Back to Texas and closer to our families.  But that's a story for another day.   

Any chance we get to go to the city we take.  We recently had company and went to the Giordano's downtown.  We have eaten there countless times, made great memories and had lots of great conversations.  Last weekend Devin and Andrea asked us to come with them to a Costa Rican restaurant and then to a concert that they were playing.  It was a great night of enjoying the city and spending time with sweet friends.  The restaurant was outstanding and we enjoyed trying something new.  We got to sit outside which is my favorite way to eat in nice weather.




I could listen to Devin and Andrea sing and play together forever.  It was a really fun evening with a poetry reading, his mentor doing story telling and then Devin and Andrea playing.  I had really never been to anything like that before but I enjoyed it immensely! It was in a beautiful old church which was really cool.

 

1 comments:

Rivr Media Studios said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.