Slow and Steady Wins the Race

9/2/09

So I haven't created as many posts as I've planned but I'll get caught up eventually! We've got ALOT going on...but we'll get to that post one day.

Currey graduated from Wheaton the second weekend in May. I must admit that I'm glad I've waited on this post. I've had more time to think about that day and all that it meant for us. Graduation was a huge milestone for us. Currey has been in school our entire married life. I don't think that I anticipated graduation being such an emotional day. It's hard to put into words how significant that day was because if you weren't living it, it was just not the same. I always joke with Currey that he should have done better in picking a wife and found someone that could have supported him through school. Thankfully Currey loves and supports what I do but he had to work full time during all four years of school that we were married. That's a lot to balance but on top of that he volunteered at an inner city ministry, was active in our church, attended small group and worked diligently at our marriage. He worked long hours at a job that isn't glamorous and managed to maintain great grades while balancing it all. I am so incredibly proud of all that he accomplished and the more I reflect on that special day the more proud I feel. God taught us so much during this season of life. We would both admit that it's very strange that he hasn't returned to school this fall. But new adventures await! Currey got such a strong foundation while at Moody and Wheaton. We look forward to seeing how God uses all that education to further his kingdom!

Currey and Ryan graduating together for the 2nd time


Me and the Graduate


Rick and Shelly


Roger and Terri


Mim and Gramps


Colby 19 Buddies from Moody


Currey with Dr. Larson

1 comments:

Celeste Castro said...

I am so, so, so happy for you both! PS. I LOVE your dress! Miss you.