A New Hairdo

2/18/09

Currey and I have decided that the way I deal with life changes is by chopping of my hair.  I've always been willing to let go of lots of my hair (Smithee and Kaki, I'm sure you remember the mushroom 'do in 8th grade!)  As soon as we came home from our honeymoon I cut my hair off and the last time I quit my job I did the same.  So here it is......  


So what you may ask prompted this change?  I've resign from my current job.  And the scary part is that I don't have another.  Things at work have gotten worse and it's been impacting my health again.  I started talking with Currey and his suggestion was to quit.  I thought about it some more and came back to Currey and again he advised me to quit.  We talked and prayed and decided that I would resign.  We decided that my health was more important and I was becoming so burned out that I knew I was not benefitting the kids.  Another counselor is leaving so if I wanted my kids to be equally divided with the best staff so I decided it was time for me to go as well.  We know that God is faithful and we know that he always provides.  I gave a month's notice and I'm almost 2 weeks in.  It is the scariest decision that I have made up until this point in life.  I have an interview tomorrow so we are hopeful that it pans out.  If not we know that there is something better waiting for me.  I'll keep you posted and would love your prayers.  

5 comments:

Celeste Castro said...

I love it! I am going long, and you chopped it all off, lol....Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Oh! Its no where near the mushroom hair cut! It's really really cute! Congrats on recognizing what you needed to do for you, and following through with it. I know God has you right where He wants you and whatever comes along, you'll be great at it! Much love!!

jenniferrush said...

I like the new hair! Super cute!

Kyle Smith said...

We'll be praying for your job search. It sounds like you made the right decision in a tough situation; God honors those. Keep us posted!

Kyle & Larissa

Rich said...

Hi doll,
We love your new "do"!! You look really cute in short hair. We also love the pix of Mr.B with his VERY
cool diploma. We are so proud of you guys. Enjoy this week off and have lots of fun!! We love you.
Mom and Dad