Christmas Part 1

1/4/09

I realize that Christmas has already come and gone but I still want to write about our trip to Texas.  As always the road trip was an adventure!  It took us 3 extra hours to get to Joplin due to the snow and ice.  It was a stressful trip!  Add in 2 dogs confined to a small space...we were glad to get to Joplin.  On Christmas Eve we headed to Amarillo.  Thankfully the dogs slept a lot of the day.


We dropped the dog's at my parents and grabbed some lunch at Taco Villa.  An Amarillo treat!  We then headed to Currey's grandma's then on to his great grandma's.  I love getting to experience family traditions with Currey's family.  We got to see lots of extended family that we had not seen in a couple of years. Unfortunately I did not take any pictures.  We were a little sleep deprived!

We then went back to my parents and had dessert and coffee with the Bob, Margie, Mal and Andrew.  Sarah and Jared even came by for a few minutes.  

It was such a treat to spend time with them as we had not seen Mal and Andrew since their wedding a year and a half ago.  As always my mom took advantage of us being together and had us take lots of pictures.  

We headed to the 11 pm candlelight service with my parents, Jeffrey, my grandparents, The Schroeders and Mal and Andrew.  We went home and headed straight to bed.  Christmas was a fun filled day and will get it's own post in the near future!

0 comments: